While there are hundreds of ways to rejuvenate yourself, here is a quick list of 5 rejuvenating hacks that will snap you out of the snooze mode in 5 to 15 minutes, refreshing you for the rest of the day.
- Take a quick walk. Feeling bogged down or stressed out? Running out of creative juices? Get out from behind your desk and head out for a walk. Whether it’s on a calm, peaceful road or the bustling streets of a city, this helps clear your mind and offers instant rejuvenation leaving you ready to produce.
- Play games. If you enjoy them, games might be the best possible way to quickly get your brain and mood fully wired to get back to work. Solitaire, Othello, Sudoku, or a smart-phone game such as Temple Run are a few go-to’s. Or shoot a few hoops or play catch. The key is to let yourself enjoy whatever game you choose so you return to work cheerfully.
- Pray/Meditate. Taking a few minutes to meditate whenever you feel fatigued or things are troubling can be a powerful way to pull yourself together. Just pause for a couple of minutes, sit back and relax completely, preferably in a calm place. Some find it helpful to include relaxing music during meditation. You’ll find it’s a good way to step away from the world and release stress after every session.
- Take a power nap. A quick power nap of even 5 minutes can help you regain your energy and make you ready for whatever comes your way.
- Listen to music. Music changes brain wave speeds in ways that impact moods and alters productivity which is why listening to music can give you a quick energy boost or shot of enthusiasm.
- Drink a glass of water. A recent study from Tufts University found that mild dehydration — a loss of just 1 to 2 percent of body weight as water — was enough to impair thinking. Drinking a glass of water can reduce fatigue and improve your mood.